Daily Kos Radio's Kagro in the Morning show podcasts are now available through iTunes.
And we're now being broadcast live on We Act Radio, Washington, DC's WPWC 1480 AM! So if you're in the area, tune in on your actual radio. And if not, you can always find their live stream at WeActRadio.com.
It's not like New Year's Eve was so rough, really. But it's back to school for the kids, and that makes for a tough morning. We'll all be back on our feet tomorrow, so we'll have a live show to end the week!
Today's "classic" episode is for the procedure nuts. It's our from January 3, 2013 show, and that's the one where we discussed the procedure involved in the of opening the (then) new 113th Congress, the election of the Speaker on the House side, and then the history and mechanics of the "constitutional option," and the basis for the claim that there's a "magic window" of sorts, during which the Senate rules can be changed by a simple majority vote.
Now, as we all know, the procedure by which cloture can now be invoked on judicial and executive nominations was changed this past November. But those following the discussion on KITM know that the November changes didn't actually alter the standing rules of the Senate, but instead created a new precedent for their interpretation. The procedure explained in this episode is somewhat different, in that it can be used to invoke cloture on an actual change to the standing rules by majority vote. This is the procedure reformers may still want to come back to in 2015, if they're interested in implementing something like the "talking filibuster" for regular legislative business, as opposed to simply doing away with the filibuster altogether.
It might not be to everyone's taste, but I'm pretty sure no one anywhere else has ever laid it all out quite like this. At least not in a form you can play on your iPod.
And if you want, you don't even have to wait until 9:00 to listen! Or if you miss the show, no need to wait until mid-day for the podcast. Just click this link to the podcast post from last year and listen right now. RIGHT NOW, I SAY!
We may not be LIVE at 9:00 a.m. ET, but at least we're there! Sort of. Well, we're somewhere, anyway.
Listen NON-LIVE, but at 9:00 ET, here: The Daily Kos Radio PlayerClick this Link to Listen on your iTunes, Winamp or Windows Media Player
Or if you prefer, why not download the Stitcher app on your favorite mobile device, and search for the Netroots Radio live stream? And hey, when you do, be sure to sign up with the promo code DAILYKOS, and earn Daily Kos Radio $1 in the Stitcher affiliate program!
Please do remember to "favorite" us while you're at Stitcher. We're bouncing up and down in the rankings these days, and the more of you who help us, the more listeners out there who'll find us on the Stitcher network.
Miss our last LIVE show? You can catch it here:Need more info on how to listen? Find it below the fold.
Ways to Listen to Kagro in the Morning:
Your options to listen LIVE:
- Click on the embedded player above
- Go to netrootsradio.com and click on the embedded player or direct link there
- iPad and iPhone users can download the SHOUTCast Radio app for your mobile device & search for "Netroots Radio"
- Download the Stitcher app and search for "Netroots Radio" to find the live stream there. (Don't forget to use the DAILYKOS promo code when you sign up!)
- On iTunes, find Netroots Radio under Radio>News/Talk Radio
- For Android: try either the "StreamFurious" or "TuneIn" apps
- BlackBerry users, see this guide by idbecrazyif
- Tune to or stream We Act Radio, WPWC 1480 AM in Washington, DC!
And here's a new tip: If the player hiccups or drops the audio between the shows, just go ahead and stop and restart it, and things should go smoothly after that.
If you miss the show, or just can't listen live, you can:
- find podcasts on the Daily Kos Radio group page
- find individual podcasts, or subscribe to the feed (free!) via iTunes
- download them via RSS
- find them on demand at Stitcher.com
Things you can do to help us grow:
- download the Stitcher app on your phone, search for the show, "favorite" it and help us rise in their rankings and take over the world
- like us on Facebook
- follow @DailyKosRadio on Twitter
- Feel free to download the show, edit and post your favorite clips for sharing via social media
Thanks for all your support, and enjoy the show!